Thank you to Dee, Jay Jay, Mark, Eddie and AJ for decades of great music

Forums SMF Slamboard Thank you to Dee, Jay Jay, Mark, Eddie and AJ for decades of great music

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tssmf4lyfe
    Participant

Thank you to Dee, Jay Jay, Mark, Eddie and AJ for decades of great music. Not only thank you to those 5 guys for the amazing run they had but thank you to every musician who was ever a member of twisted sister. The guys from the early club days like Tony, Kenny, Richie and Fast Joey but also Joe Franco and now Mike Portnoy for stepping up to the plate. Hard to admit that twice within the last few weeks I cried regarding news from twisted sister. First AJ passing and then the band retiring after 2016. AJ’s death was really shocking to me. Not only was he the youngest guy in the band but as a drummer myself I can tell you watching him play was a workout and AJ always appeared to be doing it with ease.

Twisted Sister has been one of my favorite bands since I was 12 years old. Not sure of everyones age here but I just turned 33 earlier this year. By the time they hang it up I’ll almost be 35. Thats a pretty impressive run for a band that started almost a decade before I was born. I got into the band in late 1994 when one of my babysitters brought over the Stay Hungry vinyl and listened to it while watching me and my younger brother. Thank god that babysitter brought that album over and intriduced me to the music of Twisted Sister. Also thank god my brother turned 10 shortly after that and we no longer had to have a babysitter when my parents went out. For my 13th birthday in early 1995 all I asked for was Big Hits and Nasty Cuts. I’d like to thank my parents for not hesitating to purchase that cd for me despite having the parental warning sticker on it. I was already feeling a bit like an outcast in school and got picked on a bit. The bands anthems, especially “I am, I’m me”, connected with me and made me feel like I wasn’t alone in the world. That same year for x-mas my parents got me the Live at Hammersmith cd and I’ve been a huge fane ever since.

Thank you to the band and my parents for letting me be an S.M.F.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by tssmf4lyfe.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by tssmf4lyfe.
    Captain Howdy
    Participant

Great story and you should definitely thank that babysitter. Lots of similar stories out there. The boys will be missed but the great memories and the music will never go away.

tssmf4lyfe
    Participant

that babysitter was great. she would bring over all kinds of stuff. def leppards hysteria was her favorite but she also brought stay hungry, out of the cellar by ratt, slippery when wet by bon jovi and a few others

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.