New Slamboard! Welcome!!

Forums SMF Slamboard New Slamboard! Welcome!!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Marty Marty 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SMFWebmaster
    SMFWebmaster
    Keymaster

Along with the new site, we got ourselves a new Slamboard! We’ve archived the old one in case you want to take a trip down Memory Lane, but here’s where you post the new stuff.

If anyone has problems logging in, hit me up at webmaster@twistedsister.com and I’ll make sure we fix the problem for you.

– Webbie

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by SMFWebmaster SMFWebmaster.

Fast Joey
    Participant

And so it begins…

Good Evening!!!

…and welcome to our show…

Richard UK SMF
    Richard UK SMF
    Participant

Hi Webbie,

The new website is looking fab, great job. Fingers crossed on the Twisted Gear section 🙂

Richard UK SMF

SMFWebmaster
    SMFWebmaster
    Keymaster

Welcome, gentlemen! Like the new digs? It still has that new web site smell! 😀

BTW – if you click on your account link, you can go into your account and upload a new avatar if you want. They don’t display on the posts yet, but I’m working on that.

D

SMF, Germany
    SMF, Germany
    Participant

Wow – looks great. Congrats !

Marty
    Marty
    Participant

Smokin’ 🙂 🙂

Paul Dee , Leeds
    Participant

It’s good to be back! Keep up the good work!

Macedonian SMF
    Macedonian SMF
    Participant

This looks awesome, It is very very Good Done Don, Thank you 🙂

btw, i have a little bit of uncomfort, i thought the old posts are all gonna continue being here, but it’s no problem i will get used to it 🙂

Let’s Rock

Macedonian SMF
    Macedonian SMF
    Participant

btw… i’m no more Nearly a band member?

the post counting resets?

Marty
    Marty
    Participant

Hi Mac – looking good isn’t it! Don is in the process of archiving the old Slamboard so we will get to check out the old ‘board – just not post on it!

Fast Joey
    Participant

Yup, this is looking beautiful! Well done Don!

SMFWebmaster
    SMFWebmaster
    Keymaster

I started uploading the Slamboard Archive early this morning. It took a few hours (!), but it’s back now.

I’m just going to double-check some stuff, then I’ll add back the link to the archive.

I’ll check around on the bbPres site (the forum software we’re using this time) and see if there isn’t some kind of ranking system like we used to have – but mind you, even if I find one and installt it, you’ll most likely all be starting from the ground up (and will need to post more! 🙂 )

I also just did a little tweaking that should make the site load faster. Let me know if you see an increase in performance.

D

SMFWebmaster
    SMFWebmaster
    Keymaster

Richard UK SMF tells me that passwords are now editable, by the way.

– D

SMFWebmaster
    SMFWebmaster
    Keymaster

I added a couple more things….

You’ll notice that most of the pages have a sidebar now, with links to all of TS members’ sites and social media.

I also added a login/registration form on the side, because a commenter on Facebook couldn’t find it the other day. And I tried installing another anti-spam thing, but it worked so well that no one could log in – not even me! 🙂 So that went away.

Archive is also now back. I’ll be adding more goodies as I think of them.

D

Richard UK SMF
    Richard UK SMF
    Participant

Fame at last, a mention from the mighty Webbie :-). Still looking good 🙂

Richard UK SMF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.