Love is For Suckers, why no love?

Forums SMF Slamboard Love is For Suckers, why no love?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jacobalbert
    Participant

Hey, I’ve been looking for the longest time or a message board to post this.

I’m a pretty big Twisted Sister fan, but the only album I ever really fell in love with is Love is For Suckers.

Now from what I understand this album was very unsuccessful, and looked down on almost?

I don’t know why it flopped. This is honestly one of my favorite albums of all time. I really love it.

Does anyone else feel this pain?

PatrickS77
    Participant

Yes. I do love it too. The reason it is looked down on is, that it was supposed to be a Dee solo album with some TS members not even playing on the album. That said, they did play, Wake up the sleeping giant three years ago. So that was pretty awesome. I’d love to hear Love is for suckers live.

PatrickS77
    Participant

Test

PatrickS77
    Participant

test test why are messages not showing up?

Captain Howdy
    Participant

While I definitely enjoyed Love Is For Suckers when it came out, I honestly don’t feel like it has stood the test of time. At least for me. It sounds very dated when I listen to it now. The only songs I still enjoy listening to on this album are Wake Up the Sleep Giant and the title track. The rest just don’t really do it for me anymore. I can only speak for myself but I just don’t think it holds up compared to any of the other albums. With that being said, if you dig it, then that’s great! Rock out to it and wave the flag man. Any support for TS is a good thing as far as I’m concerned.

tssmf4lyfe
    Participant

some of the demo’s that are on youtube are better than the songs that made the album

Paul Dee , Leeds
    Participant

I absolutely love this album.

It still stands the test of time for me.

Like everybody else I would love to see anything performed live from this record.

Paul Dee , Leeds UK.

Armadillo

A few things–Patrick…the delay in posting is an issue with the software that allows us to post. I spoke to the webmaster and we just have to put up with it unfortunately.

Love Is For Suckers is not considered by most fans (or by the band) to be a Twisted Sister album. It was intended to be a Dee solo album, and as others have said–most of the band never even played on it–their tracks were recorded by others. They released a horrible video–Hot Love is about as non-TS and as cheesy as it gets, and it’s the worst track on the entire playlist. Even the cover of the album…it doesn’t even feature any images of the band members.
    Other than “Wake Up the Sleeping Giant,” I rarely play any of that album at all–to me, it represents the demise of Twisted Sister. It will always be a Dee solo album to me.

They have very occasionally played “Wake Up the Sleeping Giant” on tour, but unlikely you’ll hear it on this last go-around. The setlist is pretty much locked in, and it doesn’t include anything from LIFS.

PatrickS77
    Participant

“A few things–Patrick…the delay in posting is an issue with the software that allows us to post. I spoke to the webmaster and we just have to put up with it unfortunately. ”

Are you serious? „Something we just have to put up with“? A discussion forum, where you have to wait 3 days until a post shows up is acceptable/an actual thing and not just a malfunction? I’d say, throw out the software, ask for a refund and get one worth it’s money, if Twisted Sister wouldn’t be shutting down anyway.

“Love Is For Suckers is not considered by most fans (or by the band) to be a Twisted Sister album. It was intended to be a Dee solo album, and as others have said–most of the band never even played on it–their tracks were recorded by others. They released a horrible video–Hot Love is about as non-TS and as cheesy as it gets, and it’s the worst track on the entire playlist. Even the cover of the album…it doesn’t even feature any images of the band members.
    Other than “Wake Up the Sleeping Giant,” I rarely play any of that album at all–to me, it represents the demise of Twisted Sister. It will always be a Dee solo album to me.

They have very occasionally played “Wake Up the Sleeping Giant” on tour, but unlikely you’ll hear it on this last go-around. The setlist is pretty much locked in, and it doesn’t include anything from LIFS.”

Yeah. We are all aware now that LIFS is not really a Twisted Sister album, but then again, it was sold as a Twisted Sister album, fans bought it as a Twisted Sister album and not a few love it as a Twisted Sister album since many years, not knowing that it is not really a Twisted Sister album and really, Love is for suckers, Tonight, Wake up the Sleeping Giant and Hot Love are as good as any Twisted Sister song. Obviously at this point we’re all aware that none of these songs will ever be played live, but we can still dream, can we? It’s a given that the setlist won’t change and sadly doesn’t feature any real surprises, other the, to me surprising, decision, to completly drop Stay hungry, which to me is one of their strongest live tracks and a real shame, that we won’t get to hear it again.

BIGTSFAN
    Participant

i was shoked too that they don’t play Stay Hungry.
    from Love is for rucks i really love the songs: Hot Love, Tonight, love is for suckers, you’re All that i need.
    They played Stay Hungry at amnesia rockfest in Montebello, Quebec…

Pete
    Participant

Great 80’s album full of top notch hard rock. I love it. Understand why the band maybe don’t love it though. Gotta bring back some painful memories…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.