LAST SHOW ANNOUNCED! OCT. 1st

Forums SMF Slamboard LAST SHOW ANNOUNCED! OCT. 1st

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Armadillo

The last show has been announced– this may not be the last tour date in 2016 (there may be another show or shows added in July or August) but the very last show that Twisted Sister will play in their career is October 1st at Lakewood NJ at the Rock Carnival. See the list of tour dates to buy tickets/get info. TICKETS GO ON SALE FRIDAY MAY 13th!!!

Hellburner
    Participant

It’s been way too long that I’ve visited the slamboard! I was curious about upcoming shows and especially the last one but this is not what I expected… I thought they would do an exclusive SMF event in a small venue. Chances were already very slim that I could attend this last show but if it’s at a festival than I’m not going to do the effort.

I also presume that they will play 2 times this year in Belgium. Graspop is already confirmed but I do believe that they will also play at Alcatraz in august. It’s the week before Wacken and on the website of Alcatraz Metal Meeting is a statement that they will release the name of the headliner mid june. And let that be the date Graspop is happening… So if I’m right I can see TS twice in 2 months with only 200 km to drive 🙂 Happy me!

serg33
    Participant

I’m going to do my best to make the Hell and Heaven Festival in Mexico City this July 2016. I see all y’all SMFs there at the festival maybe. Peace. Stay thirsty my friends!

SMF Serg33

Armadillo

KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED! there is a possibility of a single show after October 1st. I don’t know where or when, it’s just talk at this point. The October 1st show is still sticking as the last tri-state show ever. Sorry folks.

PotownSMF
    Participant

The last tri state show should be in Poughkeepsie NY where their commercial success all started. I say this because I reference the story Jay Jay tells when he plays here….how the Secret Records deal was penned in the basement of the Mid Hudson Civic Center. I am hoping they play a show at The Chance. It would be very fitting and I am not just saying that because I live here. Fingers crossed..

Evel
    Participant

OK Guys…here are my thoughts…for what little they are worth…(who the fuck am I etc. etc…)

Its been a busy summer…and I’m now planning my New York trip…

Deposits are in place, about to book flights…to my last ever Twisted Sister show…

However…I will be straight up…and I will bet many people are thinking similar…this is NOT the way to bow out. To say goodbye as part of mini farmers market/state fair type festival…’aint the way to end the legacy that the mighty Twisted Sister has laid on the world.

This should go one of three ways…

1/ One mighty final show inn New York….where it all started.

2/ Your OWN mini festival…I am sure there are many bands who will want to appear and pay tribute..

3/ A mini four corners goodbye tour..NW (Portland.) SW (LA,) SE ( how about Jacksonville!!)…then finally…New York.

These are just ideas….nothing more…But I really want to get it across to all the TS crew…that I…as a long time, multi concert, trans-continental fan…..I don’t want this to end like this. For fucks sake guys…go out with an almighty bang!!!…Not a whimper. The party to end all partys…empty the bar, break the stage, fuse all the lights…wreck the place…You are Twisted Fuckin’ Sister…dont end all this in a way you might regret.

See you in New York…

Evel.

Evel
    Participant

SO….

Are we to assume the one off show after New York….is the Mexico gig?

Here is my problem….I dont want to spend the best part of $1500 to get to the New York gig on Oct 1st….to have a final bow out party/gig/thrash announced later and not be able to afford to make it (time off is a factor as well as the finances). Anybody have any clues? Just don’t want to miss that ever Twisted Sister gig…. 🙁

Evel

Marty
    Participant

Just reading between the lines – it says on the homepage “last Tri-State appearance” not last ‘US’ so I’m thinking they’re perhaps keeping their options open for another (more) booking(s)??? Maybe I’m just reading too much into the wording but here in Europe they were careful to bill shows as the last at a particular show until they had definately decided on the last show in a set country.

Armadillo

Marty you are correct.

My sources inform me…October 1st is billed as the last TRI-STATE appearance. So sadly, no more NY, NJ or CT shows.
    The Mexico show is… the last show in Mexico.

They are currently negotiating another show in the United States. Sorry–can’t say where yet because it’s not officially released. Hopefully we’ll get details soon so that folks who want to travel can make arrangements.

Armadillo

I feel ya Evel. October 1st was originally hailed as “IT.” Then the opportunity came along to finally have a chance to go up against KISS…and I guess the boys just couldn’t resist that chance! Can’t say I blame them!

My limited understanding of the business–and it is a business–is that it all comes down to promoters. If a promoter of a festival doesn’t extend the invite to play or doesn’t offer a reasonable payment or meet other specifications, the gig doesn’t happen. There have been plenty of domestic and international venues that for whatever reasons, were not able to book TS.

The Jersey show is going to be a fantastic day of music–and given the large number of local friends, fans and family, I think it will be a very emotional and powerful performance, so I hope as many slamboard folks as possible can attend.

I, too, wish we could say goodbye in the intimate setting of a club OR a huge festival of 100,000… but sometime tells me we won’t have either of those. My personal wish? I’d love to say good bye in South America, because two of the most insanely passionate crowds I’ve ever seen were there, and it would be a great sendoff to the band. But hey, that’s just my own bias.

serg33
    Participant

Made it in last night with the rain and all. Got in too late to see Alice and Blue Oyster Cult, but will definitely be there today for the entire day of Rock Fest and the TS show later! See ya there!

SMF serg33

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.