fighting for the rockers 1979 show

Forums SMF Slamboard fighting for the rockers 1979 show

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tssmf4lyfe
    Participant

i know this isn’t an official release but did anyone get it? the band mentioned possibly releasing some club shows, is this one they plan on officially releasing?

http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Rockers-Twisted-Sister/dp/B00HDPXGW4/ref=sr_1_8?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1427874790&sr=1-8&keywords=twisted+sister

SMF, Germany
    Participant

That’s the well known radio broadcast from Detroits in’79. Quality suffers a bit at the very beginning but otherwise this is the best quality version I ever had. Definitely worthwhile getting it, especially since the CD is not so expensive (bought it for around $ 10)

tssmf4lyfe
    Participant

thanks for the reply. i’d rather the money go to the band for me buying it but if there is no chance the band us ever going to officially release this then i’ll get it. 1979-1983 is prime twisted sister to me

George
    Participant

Sounds like there are new releases scheduled this summer

tssmf4lyfe
    Participant

george where did you hear that? i might hold off on this release then just in case the band does an official release

SMF, Germany
    Participant

I can’t remember where I read it just recently (I think it was some interview with Jay Jay) but it seems that one of those new releases is supposed to be the Donington ’83 concert. Since the show was fully broadcast back in the day I guess we will get a polished version of this radio brodcast.

As for the remaining shows to be released, I am really curious to see if we probably get something really new and unheard of. Don’t believe it, though…………but who knows what some one dug out ! I would fancy a full headline show from ’83 (L’Amour maybe) or even better, something from the COAP tour……but I know that’s illusional……..

tssmf4lyfe
    Participant

sounds like this 1979 detroit show isn’t in the pipeline by the band. i’ll just buy it now and if i ever see the band again i’ll be glad hand them $5 to split which is probably a higher royalty rate then they actually get

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.