"40 and Fuck It" TMZ Article

Forums SMF Slamboard "40 and Fuck It" TMZ Article

• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Evel.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SMFWebmaster
    Keymaster

Twisted Sister not gonna take it anymore — after one last tour the hair metal heroes will unplug their amps in 2016 … TMZ has learned.

A rep for the band tells us Dee Snider and the boys made the decision last month to call it quits — just one week before drummer A.J. Pero died from a heart attack.

The band’s 2016 tour will be called “Forty and F**k It” — but before that we’re told they’ll be honoring A.J. with two tribute shows in the next few months.

The farewell tour will feature the core lineup of Dee, Jay Jay French, Mark Mendoza, and Eddie Ojeda … plus Mike Portnoy (from Adrenaline Mob) will handle the drumming.

You can’t stop rock n’ roll. Unless the band members are in their 60s.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/07/twisted-sister-breaks-up-split-farewell-tour/#ixzz3WfiqQChy

——–

Welcome to Mike Portnoy! I get the feeling AJ would approve the choice.

– D

tssmf4lyfe
    Participant

like a real tour? tons of dates?

SMF, Germany
    Participant

OK, the end of a wild ride with lots of ups and downs is in sight…………..we all knew this day would come (even though the reason for this is more than just sad) and we will have enough time to deal with this decision, made by the band, before the final curtain falls. I totally respect that and I hope I will get to see the guys at least one last time. I hope they will do a small farewell tour in the countries that always supported them and that meant much to them, I keep my fingers crossed….

Mike Portnoy is definitely a one of a kind drummer but I don’t understand why Joe Franco wasn’t asked back in the band. To me he would have been the more apropriate replacement to fill in for A.J. (who you cannot really replace, of course).

Just my thoughts………….

SMF, Germany (still in disbelief)

SMFWebmaster
    Keymaster

A lot of people thought Joe would get the nod. I’m not privy to any ‘inside’ information, but there must have been a reason why Joe couldn’t do it. I do know that his recording studio is always quite busy, and that may have been a factor.

But I think given AJ’s association with A-Mob, Portnoy is an appropriate choice. Helluva drummer, too. I’m looking forward to seeing him in the drummer’s chair, although it definitely won’t be the same.

– D

SMF, Germany
    Participant

You’re probably right, there must be a reason why Joe is not the one…………..maybe we’ll get some info about it in the next couple of weeks/months…..

PatrickS77
    Participant

Yeah. I too kinda thought that Joey would appear (along with a couple of LIFS songs), but I guess this choice is good to. The news suck though (again), but it was kinda expected, as I always felt that A.J. was one eager to continue with TS. Good thing though there is a good heads up and another year, so maybe I will reach my 30 shows milestone, although I’m not sure how those shows will feel.

Captain Howdy
    Participant

Definitely sorry to see the end in sight but we all knew it was coming at some point. It’s going to be very strange seeing someone besides AJ sitting behind the drums but I do think Mike Portnoy is pretty formidable choice. My initial thoughts were Joe Franco but the more I thought about it, Portnoy’s name just popping into my head for the past week. With all due respect to Joe, I just don’t feel like he forces the same intensity level that Twisted has during a live show. Don’t get me wrong. He’s a great drummer. But when I saw him playing with Dee’s solo band last year, the power and intensity simply wasn’t at the level that AJ delivered. AJ definitely took Twisted to the next level with his power and style. I honestly can’t think of too many drummers these days than can match the level of skill and power that AJ had. The drummers that are technically amazing rarely have the power behind it and the power drummers don’t usually have the finesse to go with it. Mike Portnoy is one of the few that can potentially pull that off. Plus he’s a self proclaimed life long SMF so he’s got that going for him!

Either way, I’m looking forward to finding out on May 30th and June 13th with everyone else.

Amuz3d2Deth
    Participant

Can’t make Vegas, but I’ll see you in Jersey Captain Howdy, and SMFCindy, and hopefully Armadillo! Also, they’re advertising the show with ‘special guests’ so maybe Joe will make an appearance. Or Bernie Williams. Or Rabbi Darby Leigh. Whatever happens, it will be special! RIP AJ, and Rock On my fellow SMF’s

Evel
    Participant

So…this is the second time in a month I sit at my keyboard, with tears in my eyes over this band…..

I will be in Vegas. I will be at as many shows as I can in 2016. And no-matter where the final show is to be….and I suspect it will be in New York…..I will be there for that.

As I said in my last post….respect to TS and their decision. We back you 100%. We have a year left. Lets make the most of it. You Cant Stop Rock ‘n’ Roll…..and you cant stop Twisted Sister either!!

Evel

SMFWebmaster
    Keymaster

See you in Vegas, Evel. I’ll buy you a cold one.

– D

Evel
    Participant

And I will buy several for you my friend… 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.